Sacred BBQ

Cooking up those juicy sacred cows with a side dish of whatever I feel like served cold.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Nanobots--coming to a reality near you...

I haven't blogged in forever. I've been involved in a couple of projects that have effectively sucked up all my free time. But raising my head above my limited horizons I came across this article about combining living cells with mechanical parts.

I suppose the luddites and technophobes are screaming right now, but it only makes sense that the more complicated your devices become the more "biological" they become. You either end up incorporating living material into your machines or duplicating them. It's physics itself that determines the best solution to any physical problem. It's also physics that says the "gray goo" scenerio won't happen, but perhaps I'll save that rant for another time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home