Sacred BBQ

Cooking up those juicy sacred cows with a side dish of whatever I feel like served cold.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Re-un-disillusioned Again

Despite my cynical nature, I often find myself disillusioned in regards to various truths I've held. It is considerably less often that I've found the opposite to happen.

So what would the opposite of disillusioned be anyway? Re-illusioned doesn't seem right. Un-disillusioned, is just a little too confusing. Whatever.

My cousin sent a me a couple of links that just re-un-disillusioned me. It concerns the movie Terminal and the real-life inspiration for the story. I hadn't heard of the true version of the story (though it seems everyone else had) so I was quite surprised to find what I thought was simply a clever premise was in fact inspired by a true tale.

I guess I should have known. (He said cynically, re-un-disillusioned again...)

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/destinations/2004-06-17-terminal-side_x.htm
http://www.snopes.com/travel/airline/airport.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home